Thursday, October 23, 2008

Products I Love: Wright's Liquid Smoke

I love barbecued and smoked foods. In fact in my backyard not thirty feet from where I sit typing this, stands my black, locomotive-sized smoke pit. Let me tell you, it sees a lot of use. From ribs, pork butt, brisket and a host of other meats, to mussels, fish, beans and succotash - all see the inside of Ol' Smokey!

There's an entire barbecue/smoking section in my new cookbook (coming out in 2010) and if you follow this blog you will see many recipes posted here which use the wonderful sweet, sweet flavor of wood smoke. I really cannot get enough of it.

Smoking takes some preparation and like all great things it takes TIME. There are days though when either a lack of time, or poor weather, can dash the cravings and dreams of a smoke-flavored meal. That's when I turn to Wright's Liquid Smoke products.

Inexpensive, all-natural and authentically flavored, Wright's Liquid Smoke does the trick with its great, real smoke flavor. Even when you open the bottle and smell the delicate hickory or mesquite flavor you know you've discovered something good. If you like smoke flavor you're going to love this stuff and you're going to use it again and again. It's a secret restaurants and chefs have used for years and I'm recommending you try it.

You want to dress up some baked beans? Try a teaspoon or two of Wright's Liquid Smoke in there. Are you looking to dress up some chicken or turkey? Try a dash of Wright's Liquid Smoke! I've added it to the chicken on a barbecued chicken pizza to dazzling effect. You want to make some pulled pork conveniently in the oven or crock pot, but you want that down-home, lip-smacking smokehouse flavor? Get a bottle of Wright's Liquid Smoke! I've even put a dash or two in a Bloody Mary.

Trust me, I don't recommend things on Chop Onions, Boil Water unless I use them. That's no BS. I'm telling you this is a product I LOVE. If you like smokehouse flavor, but you don't have a smoker or the time, Wright's Liquid Smoke is for you!

According to their website, Wright's Liquid Smoke can also be used for:

Basting: To keep grilled and broiled foods moist, baste with a mixture of 3 tablespoons Wright's Natural Hickory Seasoning and 1/2 cup melted margarine. Use on beef, pork, poultry, fish, corn-on-the-cob, Italian bread.

A Spritz of Smoke: Keep a spray bottle filled with a mixture of Wright's Natural Hickory Seasoning and water to spray on foods while grilling, broiling or roasting.

Grilling: For slow cooking on the grill, place a foil pan filled with 1/3 cup Wright's Natural Hickory Seasoning and 2/3 cup water directly on hot briquettes, lava rocks or ceramic bricks. Add additional water as needed.

Gas Grilling: For added smoke flavor while gas grilling, spry lava rocks with Wright's Natural Hickory Seasoning before heating grill.

Microwaving: Add color and zesty hickory flavor to microwaved meats and poultry. Brush or spray Wright's Natural Hickory Seasoning on before cooking.

Quick Seafood Sauces: Stir 1/4 teaspoon Wright's Natural Hickory Seasoning into 1 cup tartar or cocktail sauce.



No comments:

Post a Comment