Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Suppliers I Love: www.saffron.com


There a lot I can tell you about saffron. There's a lot you may have heard before. How it is the world's most expensive spice. How it comes from a small flower. How hard it is to harvest or how few threads come from each bloom. Then there's the different kinds: Spanish, Indian, Kashmiri and Iranian. I could write a great deal about how to judge it's quality. What you should look for and how you should NEVER buy it in a grocery store. In the grocery store it is low quality and extremely expensive. I could also tell you how volatile the price can be, in fact recently it seems to have doubled.

Yes, I could write quite a bit, or I could direct you to the official saffron supplier of my Chop Onion, Boil Water efforts. Find your way to www.saffron.com. There you can get yourself an excellent education on this great spice. When you're done, order your saffron from www.saffron.com. If you follow this blog, you're going to need it. There's paella and other great saffron related recipes on the horizon! If you order it, you won't be disappointed and often you'll get free gift. I've turned a lot of people on to this supplier, and no one's complained yet!
Suppliers I love: www.saffron.com, Chop Onions, Boil Water by Henry Krauzyk

No comments:

Post a Comment